Lumen Christi Academies are devoted to welcoming families from all socioeconomic backgrounds to our schools. We believe every child should be able to enroll at LCA so that they receive a great education in a safe, loving, and faith-filled environment. In addition to offering high-quality education that competes with non-Catholic private schools in the Bay Area, our school ensures tuition affordability and accessibility. We invite all families from diverse, socioeconomic backgrounds to apply, so that their child receives the excellent education they deserve.
Financial Aid may be available to close the gap between the total tuition cost and what the family can afford. Financial Aid, offered by the FACE Grant and the BASIC Fund Scholarship, is based on demonstrated family financial need. These scholarships offer financial assistance with tuition and school fees. Families are required to apply for all available aid (see below) and must reapply each year.
FACTS Grant and Aid Application
Before applying to the FACE Grant and/or the BASIC Fund Scholarship, families must complete the online FACTS Grant and Aid application. A new application must be submitted each school year. Submission of the FACTS application does not guarantee financial aid. Any late or incomplete FACTS applications will not be considered.
Click here to access the FACTS Application
The Mission of Family Aid Catholic Education (FACE) is to
- Provide tuition assistance that enables children from diverse low-income families to attend Catholic schools.
- Help children and families break the cycle of poverty and disadvantage by supporting access to quality Catholic education in the Diocese of Oakland.
FACE Granting Guidelines
Students shall be considered only if they meet all the following minimum criteria:
- Maintain eligibility for admission to, or continued attendance at a Catholic school in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Oakland as determined by said school.
- Have a completed current year application on record with FACTS Management, a third party company providing financial need assessment.
- Have demonstrated qualified financial need as determined through FACTS analysis of information submitted in financial aid application.
Click here to learn more about F.A.C.E
The BASIC Fund Scholarship
The BASIC Fund (Bay Area Scholarships for Inner-city Children) is a privately funded organization providing partial-tuition scholarships to low-income families across the Bay Area, helping them to afford the cost of tuition at a private school of their choice. This program is intended as a helping hand for families enrolling their children at a private school for the first time. The awards are based on household size and income, awarding up to $2,000 of the tuition cost per child each school year.
Click here to learn more about Basic Fund
Any family wishing to be considered for financial assistance for the 2022- 20203 school year must complete the online FACTS (formally PSAS) Grant and Aid application. A new application must be submitted each school year. Submission of a financial aid application does not guarantee financial assistance. Any late or incomplete applications will not receive consideration for tuition assistance.
Applying for Grant and Financial Assistance
Please contact the school directly for further assistance and information.